Bhutan Visa Requirements
- All visitors traveling to Bhutan need a visa clearance except the visitors from India, Bangladesh and Maldives.
- Indian, Bangladeshis, and Maldivian nationals can obtain a permit at the port of entry on producing a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity (Indian nationals may also use their Voters Identity Card (VIC))
- All other tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. Visas are processed through an online system by your licensed Bhutanese tour agent directly or through a foreign travel agent.
- The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
Daily Minimum Tariff
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
- High Season Tariff: USD 250 per person per night halt (March, April, May, September, October & November)
- Low Season Tariff: USD 200 per person per night halt (January, February, June, July, August & December)
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
Individual tourist and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single Individual: USD 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons: USD 30 per person per night
- There shall be no charge other than visa fee of USD 40 for children below the age of 5 years. However, Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic/institution shall be given 25% discount on minimum daily package rate.